Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just1rider450

Water Softener media choices

just1rider450
10 years ago

Hello,

I have a house I just purchased in Anaheim, CA 92807. I am a residential plumber and will be going to install a softener and carbon system from my city water supply. For the next two years my house will just be my wife and I, (2 people) with moderate to high use (75-90 gal per person, per day). In two years we will be having a kid in the mix and another a couple years later.

I plan to use a Fleck 7000sxt head.

I have a few things I would like help with.

1. I was wondering if there is a way to build a softener to meet my variable needs by starting with a large tank now and a lower resin amount ( say 1 cf) and proper programing and add/change resin as the demand increases.

2. What type of carbon should i use? standard activated carbon or go with something a little more chlorine resistant like a kdf-55.

3. I am off city water (hardness of 22), but don't know the levels of chlorine at my house yet. I have a water quality report from the city (generic), but dont know how to read it. Any recommendations on a good tester for chlorine?

I plan to use a Fleck 7000sxt head

I am open to all comments and suggestions. Keep in mind I am a plumber, so all labor cost are nothing to be concerned with as I will be doing all installation and maintenance.

Thank you.

Comment (1)