Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mulder28

Dishwasher Drain Question

Mulder28
9 years ago

Hello everybody,
Can somebody please tell me if the way I connected my dishwasher (high loop) is acceptable and correct. This is my first ever dishwasher installation so...I only got my install knowledge from manual and youtube...I had to cut my ABS pipe to install my dishwasher drain adapter in between my double sinks drain pipe...anyways, here in Alberta, Canada no airgap is required...actually after I went to Lowe's and Home Depot they said if you want one you'll have to special order one from the States...so I decided to go with a high loop, but I have a question...after I installed my BOSCH dishwasher everything looks fine, no leaks...but my drain hose is a see-through one so I can see the water in it after cycle is complete, basically all the way from the bottom of the dishwasher to the high loop and then after that.....on the bottom part of a hose before it connects to ABS pipe....is it normal for water to sit there? I know it's OK for a little water to cover the bottom part of Bosch dishwasher after removing filter access area, I removed it and could see some water there. But what about hose? See picture...please tell me if it's acceptable way of connecting drain hose...I have no leaks anywhere, but there is not much room to play there...on a picture you can see how I hooked it up to ABS pipe, the picture shows the bottom part of a drain hose after it loops at the highest point of the countertop...
Thank You in advance, everybody.

Comment (1)

• snoonyb
    9 years ago

Actually you could have used the correct drain application from the sink on the right and lowered the crossover and attach to a "T" just above the trap.

However, to address your question, just shorten the DW drain line removing the loop below the right sink outlet, which in turn, removes what amounts to an unvented trap created by that loop.