Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BudgetWater.com

Posted by landperson (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 11 at 20:50

Has anyone had any experience getting their water treatment equipment from BudgetWater.com??

Their site is compelling, except that I will probably go with Culligan since Culligan will do all the installation AND seems to have an excellent dealer where I live. On the other hand, I haven't made any final decisions yet, and I'm curious.

Here is a link that might be useful: budgetwater.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BudgetWater.com

Nothing remarkable about those guys... pretty much the same as all the online softener sellers. They seem to favor Autotrol instead of the far more popular Fleck control valves.

With real estate it's location, location, location and with water treatment it's DEALER, DEALER, DEALER.

If you have a good dealer locally give them consideration but don't forget that the initial cost is only part of the expense. Consider the routine maintenance costs and length of warranty and what is covered.

Ask your neighbors who they use for water treatment. They might tell you who's good or who to avoid.

DIY is cost effective only if you know or want to learn the installation, setup, and maintenance routines but remember, when you do it yourself there's no one else to blame.

o

Thanks for the reality check. I am almost certainly going to go with Culligan for the reason you stress: DEALER, DEALER, DEALER. I have a Culligan Iron Cleer system already in my house; it has given me excellent service for 4-5 years. Now I need a treatment for a rental and the Culligan man who came today is part owner with his brother, whose father ran the business before him, and whose grandfather started the business here in town. Culligan has put in lots systems all around my area (which has notoriously lousy wells with lots of sulphur, iron and manganese), so I think they know what I am up against.

AND, I am definitely (!!!) not equipped for the DIY side of the equation.

I just wanted not to skip a step in my research, and someone sent me a link to Budget today, so I thought I'd ask you here.

And now I know exactly what to do.
Good and Thanks.

o

Spending a dollar and getting a dollar's worth is the best deal around.

o

Culligan's tests came up with the following numbers:
Iron .5
Manganese 0.5
Hydrogen Sulfide present
Hardness 5
TDS 230

The extra fee test for bacterial contamination came back clear. Thank goodness for small favors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here