Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruddydog52

Hydronic Heat/Towel Rack....

Ruddydog52
12 years ago

Hello, I haven�t been on this site for a few years. I do remember it was so helpful to me before. I hope to be able to talk to a plumber. I am back to get some more advice. I am going to do a complete remodel of my bathroom right down to the studs. I have a plumbing question. At least I think I am in the right forum because a plumber would be the one to install the heating device. I have been looking a hydronic heat towel bars to heat my 9� long by 9� wide by 9 high bathroom with on 30" X 50" window. I am trying to figurer the correct size unit (towel bar for the room).

Also these towel bars are quite expensive anywhere from $1600.00 to $2100.00 depending on size and that�s just for the unit not counting instillation costs if I do use a plumber. ( I�m am thinking I might be able to do this my self. If I take out forced hot water baseboard heat and replace it with the hydronic towel bar and I am also going to use radiant heat as a supplement under the floor tile.

I have seen the same towel bar/heater on a web site from the UK.

http://www.bathroomheaven.com/

and they are considerably less money. 2/3 less really. So I am asking has anyone ever used them here? I am wondering if the fittings are the same or can they easily be adapted?

Any advice with someone who has gone before me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ruddydog52

Comments (2)