Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eternal Hybrid Water Heaters?

Posted by nap101 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 17:23

Anyone have personal experience? My plumber is recommending it but the reviews I've been reading online don't sound so great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eternal Hybrid Water Heaters?

Nap,
I am not a fan of tank-less systems at all. The plumbing supply that I buy from sells that brand but not sure if anyone buys/installs them? For the price of one of those you can buy 2-3 top-of-line tank water heaters & have 10-20 years of great hot water in your home if your water conditions are good. You on natural gas, propane?

o

Unfortunately I need to go tankless. I have a very small house and currently the hot water heater is in a closet in the kitchen. The tank is very small. There is no other place to put a tank other than the garage which would be way too far from the bathroom. So it's going on the outside of the house (also no room for a tank on either side of the house). I do live in a warmer climate. And it's natural gas.

One plumber who was against tankless agreed that this situation would be best served with tankless. Oh, and I have a slight gas leak and a bad gas line so that has to be replace regardless of what I do.

o

I have a Rinnai and absolutely LOVE it. Don't expect $ savings, but the ability to have never-ending hot water is priceless when guests stay a few days and everyone wants a shower. Just make sure you pay attention to the max flow they can heat - some of the cheaper ones have ridiculously low flow rates.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here