Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chazzard_gw

Looking for opinion on this estimate

CHazzard
11 years ago

I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum. I'm looking for an opinion on an estimate a plumber gave me on moving our washer/dryer hookups to the first floor.

He was very clear that the job was easy. Those were his words. The wall we'd like the washer dryer on is the wall where the main plumbing stack is located. The washer and dryer would also be adjacent to an exterior wall.

We specifically asked him to include an option for running a gas line and what the additional cost would be, even though gas makes me nervous. But, again, the gas line is located directly beneath where the washer and dryer are going and, in his words, would be very easy.

He didn't identify the cost of separate items in his quote, so I'm not sure how much of this estimate is the running of the gas line/venting the dryer to the exterior/running water line, etc. but the total is $1200.

That's far more than we expected, especially since he identified where all the pipes were located and said it was "easy." We have talked to people that have done this in the past who haven't paid nearly that much, but perhaps they did it so long ago what they paid is now unrealistic.

Anyway, I'd really like some feedback on this. Thanks!

Comments (3)