Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildeyes_gw

unjustified clogs of toilet and sink

wildeyes
13 years ago

We just moved into a fully-gutted and rehabbed home. Everything is new except the wood floors and exterior walls. We are having plumbing issues, specifically, the master bath toilet is repeatedly getting clogged and requiring plunging to flush even in the absence of any solids, and the kitchen double sinks are clogging and both sides fill with dirty drainwater that won't disperse when the disposal is used with very little solid matter being disposed, and that situation doesn't clear without vigorous plunging. I also can't figure out why all the sinks and other showers get plenty of hot water, on all 3 floors, except the water in the master shower on the 2nd floor doesn't ever get very hot.

I know zilch about plumbing, but it seems to me that there may be something amiss with the plumbing system overall. The plumbing contractor had made a number of goofs that were caught during inspections, so it wouldn't suprise me if he was just generally incompetent. For example, one of the pipes in the basement to the outside was to slope downward but sloped upward, the jacuzzi in the masterbath was installed improperly so that water leaked through the ceiling below during an inspection run, and the floor in the huge walk-shower in the master bath peaks in the center, while there is a drain at only one end of the shower (so that water from only that half of the shower drains; the rest pools at the other end - that hasn't been fixed yet, but the builder/seller says he will take care of it). The sewer-line camera during the inspections showed that the exterior sewer line was blocked about 40 or 50 feet from the house in the middle of the driveway, but that was supposedly then cleared completely. And I'm not sure if that is relevant to the current problems. Also, there were no traps in the drains in the basement floor, but that too was corrected after the inspections. Any thoughts about the ongoing clog issues? Thanks so much

Comments (4)