Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raaj123

Restroom two handle faucet repair

raaj123
9 years ago

Hi
I am trying to repair the restroom two handle faucet. It was dripping very slowly every 30 secs on the aerator initially in the close position when I started the project. However I tried fixing it on the cold handle side and couldn't fix it . Now it drips slowly every 5 secs on the aerator when it is closed and when open (either of the handles) it seeps water through the plastic head (shown in the picture 2 which probably is the catridge) in the cold side. I have following questions based on it

1. What brand and model is the faucet? It is attached the Koehler sink though.
2. I was not able to remove the hex nut that is holding the plastic part(probably catridge) to remove it and fix the issue? How could I remove the hex nut ? After spraying the Penetrating oil,WD-40 to loosen it up, i tried using channel locks, adjustable wrench to open it with no luck.
3. Could you also please point me to why the leaks are happening in the aerator and the plastic head (on the cold side shown in the picture 2 which probably is the catridge)? Also please let me know how both the leaks could be fixed ie (parts/uninstall/install procedures)?

This post was edited by raaj123 on Sun, Oct 5, 14 at 17:36

Comments (3)