Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

how to stop ecowater softener from running when water is off

3katz4me
12 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how to stop my series 3000 on demand system from running when I'm out of town and have the water turned off. It has done this twice even though the unit did not indicate it was going to regenerate when I left.

I've been told by ecowater representatives that it won't run if the water is off but that is simply not true. I learned myself about a setting for max days recharge and thought that might be the problem. I called ecowater representative again and they said yes that maybe the problem - make sure it's set to auto.

So I checked and it is set to auto so that isn't the answer. One question I have is what does the Auto setting do for max days recharge? Does it then only recharge on demand if needed or does it do something else in terms of max days?

I would like some way to simply stop the thing from running when I'm gone as I could do with my old mechanical unit because the water is unusable after it runs with no water supply. Then you have to wait several hours for water because you have to immediately recharge upon returning home which is a real PITA.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Comments (3)