Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellen1234_gw

Chlorination Injection system - sediment in tank

Ellen1234
9 years ago

Hi,

I had a chlorination injection system installed early 2013 (due to iron bacteria and smelly water). It consists of the chlorine/water solution tank and I think the carbon tank (there may be something else in there, can't recall).

Anyway, I've already had a leak at the pump on the chlorine/water solution tank (leaked on basement floor). And something got clogged where the chlorine solution was not being injected (this took 2 times to fix since the first time didn't actually fix it, lasted several weeks).

Now to my question - the chlorine/water solution tank has a bunch of sediment on the bottom, so that when I add the chlorine and fill with water, it all gets disturbed and distributed through the tank (probably settles at some point). My water person said this is ok, but I'm thinking at some point, this should probably be cleaned out. What is the normal maintenance on this type of system?

Also, I would like to continue to chlorinate my well but just less often (recommended by well guy) - I assume I should bypass this equipment (as I do for my softener). Is that correct?

Thanks!