Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Faucet Challenge - which one can have handle mounted far

Posted by contemporganic (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 12:27

I am hoping to find a kitchen faucet which can be mounted at the center back of a sink BUT have the handle (for on/off and temp control) mounted at a front corner of the sink. Can this be done? With which faucets? And, specifically, can it be done with either the Kohler Karbon or the Delta Pilar with Touch?? Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Faucet Challenge - which one can have handle mounted

Contemporganic
The Kohler Forte faucet is a wide spread faucet, you may be able to mount the spout at the back and the shut off valves to the side. In addition, looking at the layout of the kohler faucet, you may be able to add extensions to the 12" supplies and extend them even further, though I'd wonder what the reasons for the change are?

o

it depends on the length of the flexible supply lines that take mixed water over to the spout. Nothing more than that. Ask Kohler if they can tell you which parts number hose could replace the hose that is in the Karbon faucet kit. You want one that is longer. I've opened the PDF's and seen the drawings. The hose is not long enough to put it as far away as you've described. Post again once you get a Kohler response.

o

Contemporganic, did you ever get an answer from Kohler on this? Have you managed to install the Karbon (if that's what you decided to go with)?

Inquiring minds want to know...!

Thanks,

Burntfingers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here