Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
air in water line to toilet???

Posted by knittedrose (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 12:07

I am inexperienced in plumbing. There is my disclaimer. We have a toilet that wasn't holding water in the fill tank, so I fixed that. Turned the water to the toilet, off and off several times in the process. The water sounded kind of liek there was air in the line, but I figured it would resolves itself. Finished my task, turned the water supply to the toilet back on, but noting happens. No water comes into the toilet at all. What in the world could this be and how do I resolve it? Thanks for your answers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: air in water line to toilet???

The air is not stopping the water, something else is.

Air is pretty violently expelled from water supply lines as soon as pressure is restored and a valve opened.

It can actually damage some tank fill valves.

o
RE: air in water line to toilet???

Agree with brickeyee....it's not air. Clogged line; blocked/stuck valve....something like that.

If you're comfortable trouble-shooting lines and valves, go ahead and start looking. If not, this is plumber-time. Regardless, I suspect simple diagnosis and fix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here