Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
novice_from__ct

Switch from Waste King to Insinkerator to fit drain pipe

novice_from__ct
10 years ago

We changed our countertops and sink last week. When the plumber came to reconnect the faucet and disposal, he said that the new sink is 2' deeper than the old and the disposal drain outlet is now 2' too low for the drain pipe coming out of the wall. He said he would need to come back with another guy to move the drain pipe. Now he won't call me back and I am left without a disposal. I am going to call another plumber but I was hoping that purchasing and installing a more compact disposal might be a cheaper and less messy alternative to moving the drain pipe. Looking at specifications, the drain outlet on our Waste Kin 8000TC is 9 3/8' from the base of the sink whereas the drain outlet on the insinkerator compact is 6' from the base of the sink. The other issue is the Waste King is a batch feeder (we have kids) and the insinkerator is continuous. It looks like the Insinkerator batch feeder might fit as well since the drain outlet is 7' from the base of the sink). Has anyone switched out one disposal for another for this same reason? I have attached the spec sheet for the Insinkerator Evolution Cover Control and the website for the Waste King dimensions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waste King Specs

Comments (3)