Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Independent Water Test in SE Mass?

Posted by dantis (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 14, 11 at 9:20

Hi All,

I want to get my water tested by an independent lab in SE Mass. i found one, but $110 per test. Is that the goin rate? It is well water. i had test done by Kinetico before insatll, now want to verify improvement..I know, a little anal...Thank you...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Independent Water Test in SE Mass?

It costs what it costs... in your are I'd think you'd have more than one certified independent lab. Check with county or state Environmental Health Departments to see if they can point you to a couple labs. Check and see if a local university provides lab services.

Check for hardness, iron, manganese, sodium, chlorides, TDS, PH bacteria, and nitrates at a minimum. You really should be checking bacteria and nitrates annually. I'd get all those tested on the water BEFORE the softener.

For softener peace of mind hardness, iron, manganese, TDS, and PH need be tested on the treated water IF there are no nitrates and/or bacteria in the raw water.

If the only lab test you had done on a well was by a softener seller then you may be surprised to see independent lab results.

o
RE: Independent Water Test in SE Mass?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here