Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hand held shower mounted on top of tub??

Posted by sunroomguy (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 6, 10 at 8:33

I am installing a jetted tub and would like to install a faucet that has a hand held shower (in place of a std shower head). Are they all a std length or are some longer? I would like to mount it in the top of the tub (like a kitchen faucet sprayer) but also have a wall bracket for the times a shower is desired. Can this be done? would i need to find the trim fitting like on a kitchen sink sprayer? Thank you. mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hand held shower mounted on top of tub??

The hoses all seem to be about the same length.
Keep in mind that the connection for the hose must remain accessible, as the hose will probably wear out at some time and need to be replaced.
You might consider having the hose attach point about 3' above the tub rim and put hand shower mounts at both rim level and at shower head height. This should give you maximum flexibility.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here