Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cigarlover_gw

Re: Alice I discovered a prblem with Salt today???

CigarLover
11 years ago

Hello,

I made a surprising discovery today when doing a check-up on the new Softener. It's been about 10 days since install & the brine tank was empty, no salt left? When we installed the system we added 2-40Lb. bags of pellets. So 80 Lb. of salt gone in 10 days? What's really strange is that I checked on it on Saturday the day before the first Regen was scheduled to happen (7 days) & it looked good plenty of damp salt. The other issue is the Fleck valve was blinking the time & BW so I re-set the valve & waited until the Regen happened at 2am Monday morning. Again today the valve was blinking the current time & BW again? The good news is we have soft water but checking it multiple times with strips we are at 1-2Gpg of hardness. I also included a pic of the brine tank when I made the surprising discovery that all the salt was gone. Sorry to bug ya with this issue, but I am not sure what to do now with the Softener? I did re-set it again before I left & put all the salt pellets I had left on hand (only about 20Lbs.)

Comments (2)