Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A fun practice project to learn how to run PVC or copper

Posted by lazypup (lazypup@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 23:39

Here is a fun little project I made up to teach how to fit PVC or Copper..it is also an excellant tool to learn how to solder copper, especially if you start with scrap copper pipe that is old & tarnished.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A fun practice project to learn how to run PVC or copper

No cup holders?

o

I have another one around here somewhere that is made out of CPVC and I drilled a hole in the elbow on the front end of the left arm, then I formed a cup holder out of solder and hung in the hole.

When my daughter was about 8yrs old I made her a table & four dinning chairs for her dolls out of copper.

After I retired 4 yrs ago I still keep my hand in the works by teaching some of the apprenticeship classes and we found this was a fun project to teach ppl how to cut and fit pipe. It is really not as easy as it looks because there are a lot of different angles that all have to be correct.

When I was in the Air Force I was a still photographer and for a short time after I got out I worked as a freelance photographer so after I retired 5 years ago I took up photography once again as a hobby. I made this particular chair to fit an 18" high stuffed animal frog, which I photograph doing different things then I make a cartoon out of it.

I will attach a couple examples:

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I don't see any purple primer on the chair Lazypup.

I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to red tag you. Call the office when you are ready to be re-inspected.

:)

Doc

o

Code says you have to use primer, but it does not say you have to use purple primer.

o

I'm only a DIY plumber, but i've made a lot of pvc furniture and quilting frames. The cuts do have to be precise. It's just about got too expensive to make anymore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here