Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet Water Connection

Posted by brucegz (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 1, 10 at 22:24

Hi All,

I'm installing a new fill valve in a Kohler Rialto toilet. Absurdly expensive ($105) since replacement parts for this type of low profile toilet are rare and Kohler doesn't make them anymore.

Anyway, connecting the water supply, am I correct that the plastic washer (not the rubber cone washer) needs to go inside the cap, underneath the supply side metal flare? I tried putting it on top but it leaks and my experience tells me that it needs to be under the flared tip and inside the plastic cap. Reason I'm asking is because the other end of the supply side pipe, at the valve, has a compression fitting which I can't remove, need to replace and I can't get the plastic washer through that end to put it inside the cap under the flared tip.

Hope I'm explaining this ok. Thanks for any confirmation or disagreements.

Bruce...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet Water Connection

For clarity, I need to replace the pipe & fitting BECAUSE I can't get the compression fitting off and believe the washer needs to go in there with the end cap.

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here