Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sump pump choice

Posted by marknmt (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 18:52

I need to install a sump pump for intermittent use and so far am attracted by the following. These are all 1/3 hp pumps and any one of them should do the job, but I'm interested in durability and reliability. It needs to turn on automatically and so on.

The Liberty 250m series with a VMF switch;
Zoerller BN53 Variable Level Float switch;
Little Giant 6 cia

Red flags, definite pluses, professional and personal experiences eagerly sought. Random advice regarding switches and hard water (which is a factor here) definitely appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sump pump choice

go to sumppumpsdirect.com and get the Storm Pro BA33M. it is an awesome pump with a great switch. the Zoeller is good to. I have both in my sump. I prefer the Storm Pro because it is smaller, stainless steel, quieter, and more effeicient -- which means it will run off my battery powered UPS longer than the Zoeller will.

my sump gets water softener discharge (heavy salts) and I put a toilet bleach tablet in it to keep it from sliming over (from the humidifier discharge I think). these harsh conditions have had no effect on the Storm Pro. The Zoeller is starting to rust pretty bad although it's built like a tank so I imagine it'll keeping going for many many years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here