Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet without plumbers puddy

Posted by jerry_nj (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 18:21

When mounting a new faucet to my new acrylic counter top I read the label and learned it could not be used on acrylic (and other solid surfaces) because of staining that would result. This I confirmed on this forum, thanks.

My new issue is I mounted the faucet without any sealer. I can not find any evidence of water migrating back under the faucet and dripping down into the cabinet. My conclusion is nothing is needed. If I want to apply silicone or similar to the faucet interface I'll have to raise the faucet up - I think that can be done without disconnection the water supply, but still why bother? The faucet is stainless steel and other materials intended to handle water and the acrylic should not be damaged by water, even if it is there for long periods.

Should I raise the faucet and insert some appropriate sealer, or just leave it alone as it seems to be working fine?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet without plumbers puddy

If it is sealed properly, leave it alone. I typically use the white tub and tile adhesive caulk. Leave the squeeze out alone for about three days and it just peels away.

o
RE: Faucet without plumbers puddy

Thanks, and thank for the tip on removing the excess if one uses tub caulk. I would normally try to clean up immediately.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here