Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using roman tub faucet for bathroom sink? (Water pressure etc.)

Posted by cinnamonsworld (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 17:25

The bathroom sink faucet set I've ordered meets the specs for the Kohler integral sink and vanity top I've ordered. Although from seeing the Kohler product in person I'm not convinced the reach on the faucet will be ideal for that sink, even though the specs say it will be.

There's a matching roman tub faucet that has a reach that may be an alternative if the sink faucet reach isn't ideal. But I wouldn't want torrents of water ala a bath to be flowing into the sink.

So questions are:

- can a roman tub sink rough-in to the pipes for a bathroom sink fine

- is the water pressure going to be appropriate for a sink if you do that, and otherwise any reasonable ways to regulate the flow to normal sink-flow water output?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using roman tub faucet for bathroom sink? (Water pressure etc

A Roman tub filler would allow a much much larger of volume of water to flow, probably too much -- I suppose you could turn down the amount of water at the shut offs so the sink wouldn't be overwhelmed -- but then you'd have a little trickle that wouldn't flow well.

Also, a Roman tub filler wouldn't have an aerator.

I don't think this is a good idea at all.

o
RE: Using roman tub faucet for bathroom sink? (Water pressure etc

A tub filler would allow a much much larger of volume of water to flow.
Whether it's "Roman" or any other name.

Most bathroom sinks are hand rinse "lavatory" shaped about the size of a large salad bowl.
A fire hydrant is not an appropriate device to fill a bowl.

Some companies publish the flow rate of their tub fillers.
You can see this on their web site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here