Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booboo60

Rusty water, not sure of the source?

booboo60
12 years ago

I maybe should post this on the "build a home" forum since it is busier but this IS a plumbing problem. Here is the background, Dh and I live on a small farm and have a well about 400ft. deep, 7 years old. Fantastic pressure and we live in the PNW where we had a super wet spring with hot weather only the last 2 months. We water a small yard, small garden with sprinklers, no in-ground system. There is only the two of us, very small laundry, etc. We have been watering lately but not all day. We were gone for 2 nights, came home watered some and got up the next morning and went outside to turn on the faucet attached to the house and rusty water came out! We do have a softener system so it is not effecting the house and our pressure to the bladder tank seems normal. Dh went to the water pump supply store and came home saying the guys there said people were coming in left and right complaining about rusty water and buying filters! Sounds like water at the bottom of a tank to me. What can we check for now? Any ideas?

Comments (3)