Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gejodi

Florida Water Softener

Gejodi
11 years ago

Hi all ..been perusing the web for water softener info and found this site. If you all feel generous with your time perhaps you can answer some questions to clear up some confusion on my part. I am having a house built in Ocala Florida. The house has 2 full baths: One shower and one shower/bath combo. It will be occupied by my wife and I with an occasional visit of 2 to 4 people for no greater than 2 weeks at a time perhaps 4 to 6 times a year?? The water is supplied by a utiliy company which gets its water from a number of wells. The utility company told me that the hardness is 9.3 gpg and has a very low iron content of .3. I am considering purchasing a Fleck unit online and installing myself as I have done a lot of new and repair plumbing in my old house. I initially thought to purchase a Sears hybrid but comments here about quality and perhaps chlorine removal made me feel that ill wait to see what the taste and odor of the water is after I move in before i treat for chlorie/taste filtering. I believe that that 9.3 gpg however is enough to warrant a softener??? Im sorry but im still confused on what size softener I should get and settings? I am also not sure if I do elect to order online if all parts ie bypass valves gravel, resin would be included. Also should I plumb for a filter should i place in line in future? In advance I will thank you guys for any help you can provide. Dont have much more info to give as I am not living there yet so Ill understand if you cant make a decision based on what i have included.

George

Comments (3)