Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

New water heater issues

Debbie Downer
10 years ago

Old water heater had a leak - so plumber replaced it with a Bradford White w power vent (as that's what they had in stock.)

Works great - however it just is sitting directly on the concrete floor, not on legs or a pedestal, and Im concerned about it eventually rusting out, When I asked the grumpy old plumber he just muttered something about that's what he was told to do, and there shouldnt be water on the floor..

Well, gee, Im sorry you're unhappy in your job Mr. Plumber, but I guess I still would like to know if my concerns are warranted. We have fish tanks inthe basement and water inevitably gets o the floor when draining/refilling those, not to mention occasional basement leaks from occasional heavy rains, etc.

I looked up the model online and there was mention of a pedestal base, but no picture of what one might look like.

Also, could yall tell me how I would judge whether water was being softened adequately - just have the old fashioned dial type. I mean a more scientific way of knowing, besides just seeing if it tastes bad. It was broken for a while, so Im not sure but I wonder if the hard water had something to do with the demise of the old water heater.

THANKS!!!!!!1

This post was edited by kashka_kat on Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 12:48

Comment (1)