Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drip problem

Posted by roseabbey (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 12:11

I have this Peerless single handle faucet which had developed a drip. You can see in the picture, the drop of water forming. Would like to fix myself if possible, any help appreciated.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drip problem

I think it repairs like a Delta but I haven't worked on a single handle. Take this under advisement. My first thought would be to shut off water, open handle to relieve pressure, remove handle (may have a set screw that needs a hex wrench, or pry up the end cap gently with something sharp like a utility knife blade), unscrew large round cap without marring it (use a rubber jar opener), carefully pull out ball assemble (everything), remove seat washers and springs underneath with tiny screwdriver, replace with new seats and springs, reinstall everything in reverse order. Just a guess.

o
RE: drip problem

First thing to do is find the documentation that came with the faucet so you know how it is assembled and where the problem might be.

If you don't have the docs then identify the faucet and hunt the docs down on the internet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here