Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Standard, awesome service :)

Posted by kathy77 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 8:04

Just want to share a positive experience. Got my bathroom remodeled several months ago. Contractor picked out the toilet for me as I trusted his judgement, and I was pleased with it. A few months later it developed a spot in the bottom. A spot that I could not get out. No amount or type of cleaning product or scrubber worked. Turned out to be a flaw in the porcelain finish. I figured I would just have to live with it sadly. But it's getting worse, the spot is bigger and darker. So I emailed American Standard to ask, what can I do? They asked for a photo, and asked me some questions.
THEY ARE GOING TO SEND ME A NEW BOWL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American Standard, awesome service :)

It's always nice to hear of a positive experience, and this one strikes home with perfect timing.

I also have a relatively new American Standard low flow porcelain round seat toilet, and guess what? It has an enlarging spot in the dependent bottom front of the water reservoir. As yourself, I cleaned and tried appropriate toilet bowl products without resolution. So puzzled, with gloves on and clear water in the bowl, I reached in to find the porcelain has is interrupted (gone) on the front side at the bowl bottom. In it's place is a big brown spot that is very obvious and cosmetically displeasing.

Do you mind sharing your contact with me? I suspect American Standard might like to see a photo of mine also, don't you? I hope they will help as I am at wits end here.

Thank you very much for your post and help.

-SW

o

I used their website. This page,
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/contactUs.aspx#custForm
The Contact Customer Service Online link.
Hope you get as good a response as I did. I suspect they want to know if they have a bad batch of porcelain.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.americanstandard-us.com/contactUs.aspx#custForm

o

Thanks kathy. I'll send them a photo with their American Standard stamp. So curious a similarity...

o

Sounds like the glaze failed on the bowl, and the dark spot is moisture spreading through the porcelain. Good to hear a positive resolution for OP, hopefully for Sparkling too.

o

American Standard said my toilet warranty was for only one year. Hmm, when replaced I'll have to think about the warranty more.

Glad you got relief though kathy77.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here