Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Minimum space for Roman tub filler

Posted by bobbie46 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 2, 11 at 7:55

If anyone knows the minimum space required for a Roman tub filler on a deck, please advise. After deducting the internal measurements of the tub from the external measurements of the exterior, I see I have 2.25" at each end and 3.375 along the long side. I want to place the spout and handles on the long sides. Since the tub is cast iron, I must add ? inches to allow the pipes to come through the deck. I want the smallest deck possible. The tub is an undercount. If anyone knows this figure, please tell me. Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Minimum space for Roman tub filler

look at the cascading tub filler from Geberit. Others like it are available too. The mixed water comes out of an opening in the same device that they call the overflow. It's a combination. Erogazione is the term they use in Italian for water coming out of a concealed opening.

Your two valves could be any (small) size and anywhere within reach.

"cascading tub filler"

--

I've often wondered why I have not heard of anyone arranging for their mixed water to flow down a wall into the tub. (it would have to be a membraned wall, and a lip or ridge would have to be built to direct the flow large or small).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here