Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cover plate or escutcheon for single handle faucet?

Posted by marilano (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 12, 10 at 3:06

I am trying to buy a readymade granite vanity countertop to have someone else install, and all the ones I've been able to find online or in the big box stores are pre-drilled for 8" widespread faucets. I need to get a single handled faucet that's ADA compliant (I have hand problems), but they only seem to come in 4" centerset or single hole variations. I wondered whether I could find an 8" cover plate (or deck plate, or escutcheon) that would fit over any single-hole, single-handle bathroom faucets to cover up the 2 extra holes, rather than abandoning the idea of the granite countertop. But I'm not sure the center hole on the couple of cover plates I've found online would be wide enough to allow for the single handled faucets I've seen. The only readymade vanity countertops I've found that come predrilled with the 4" spread or a single hole are in either cultured marble or Swanstone, and I'd really prefer granite. If anyone has any advice about this, I'd really appreciate it. TIA for any replies. marilano

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cover plate or escutcheon for single handle faucet?

Well, although it's not ideal, you could cap the extra holes individually. Or you can use one or both for accessories. Perhaps a soap dispenser in one, and cap the other.....or a small filtered water tap to round it out. The chrome caps are a few bucks each. They are dropped in, then tightened from underneath.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here