Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom sink gurgling

Posted by kris_zone6 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 1:22

After the bathroom sink empties of water, there is a gurgling. We have lived in the house for almost 20 years and this is something that has just started in the last month or so. Is it something I can fix myself or do I need to call a plumber? I can do small repairs, change out faucets, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom sink gurgling

If the sink drains well enough and there are no other problems,I would live with it.

o

I would check the vent. Possibly leaves or other deleterious material clogging the roof vent?

This post was edited by saltidawg on Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 8:53

o

There's a clog somewhere. Salti is on the right track. What you can do is:

1) Snake the vent
2) Snake the sewage line from the cleanout

Failing that, I'd call a plumber. It'll likely only get worse, not better.

o

Thanks for your help. Think I will call a plumber as I don't have the proper tools.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here