Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Drain Question

Posted by shilly (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 23:40

We are having a Kohler 60" Tea-for-Two (K-850) installed and Kohler has a "required" drain 7161. The plumber said he can use another one. Any of you plumbers know what he is talking about? I totally trust him as he has been our plumber for many years, and we have never had any problems. I'm just curious why Kohler says you have to use their drain??!! Thanks for any info...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Drain Question

Possibly for the "extra deep" requirement, but consider the aesthetics. Plumbers don't think too much about the overflow and drain trim matching the fixtures, but you certainly will. I had one client that didn't like the price of the drain so her plumber used a Gerber. Sure, it's brass (not plastic), but it didn't match her new tub/shower at all. She was not happy.

o
RE: Kohler Drain Question

Given some of what I have read elsewhere about the Tea for Two tub, your plumber is probably wise to install a different drain than the "mandatory" Kohler drain, which is almost universally detested by owners of this tub for its failure to function correctly. I'd be interested to know what type of drain your plumber plans to install as I absolutely love the Tea for Two tub, but don't want to have the drain problems that so many owners of this tub have. Check out the reviews at Amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Tea for Two Reviews on Amazon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here