Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Not Washer Problem; Faucet Keeps Leaking lot of H2O!

Posted by chueh (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 22:51

I don't know what's wrong with this tub faucet. My husband and I bought this new house about 3 years ago. Everything was fine until we took our very first bath 3 or 4 months after we moved in. It started leaking a little. We did not take care of it until it got a little worse. We changed the washer, and took the faucet part to the home improvement center. Nobody seemed to find any problem on the faucet, for it looks new.

We rarely use the tub. We use it probably 4 or 5 times only. I just use it the day before yesterday, and the leak became really serious. It seems that each time of use worsen the problem. It drips about 10 gallons of water each day now.

What can we do? We cannot find where the problem is..... Please help...

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Not Washer Problem; Faucet Keeps Leaking lot of H2O!

Umm....might help to know what brand/model of "tub faucet" we're talking about.

Umm....going on for 2 1/2 years, you say...you don't know what's wrong, you say.....ten gallons a day, you say...really serious, you say....getting worse, you say....cannot find where the problem is, you say.........

Is there some cosmic barrier preventing you from calling a plumber and having it fixed? You're obviously over your head. Hire somebody. Do it now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here