Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sabrinaflorida

Plumbing issue re: my newly remodeled bathroom

sabrinaflorida
13 years ago

Our remodel on our tiny master bath is almost complete. It just needs another coat of paint (the contractor said the paint dried so fast that he couldn't smooth down his brush strokes--after my husband told him we didn't like the way the walls look, he said he will repaint with a roller)...AND it looks like I will need to do my own grout haze removal as the contractor says he has already gotten rid of the haze, but I can see the haze very distinctly.

But about the plumbing! When we flush the toilet, we can hear the water gurgle in the sink pipes, and we can see the residual water around the sink drain percolate a tiny bit.I'm concerned about this--should I be?? If we flush the toilet several times in a row (which we did after first noticing the gurgling and percolating), there seems to be some kind of pressure equalization and the sink no longer gurgles/percolates with flushing.

I posted this to the Bathroom forum first, then saw there was a Plumbing forum and decided to cross-post.Thanks for any information you can give me.

Comments (4)