Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kdf-85/gac cartridge filter to remove hydrogen sulfide

Posted by h2s-problem (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 19:10

Hi all, I would like to validate a proposal I received to fix my H2S problem. The water come from a well and the analysis give those results :

Hardness: 3
PH: 8,6
TDS: 259
H2S: 2
Iron: 0
Manganese: 0
Alkalinity: 180

The recommendation was to install the biggest Aries KDF-85/GAC cartridge filter (AF-20-2215-BB).

Does someone has any experience with this type of cartridge for H2S removal ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kdf-85/gac cartridge filter to remove hydrogen sulfide

Does whoever recommended the Aries KDF-85/GAC cartridge filter offer a money back guaranty?

Expensive element... what's the life? Enough flow rate for your plumbing? Make sure you get a real Big Blue housing and not a cheap knock-off.

pH is high @ 8.6

o

@justalurker: Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by "enough flow rate for your plumbing" ?

About the price (125$), it's not so bad if it lasts a year as stated by the sales rep.

o

Anything you insert in your water service line has a flow rate. If the flow rate of the housing and filter are equal to or higher than the requirements of your plumbing, appliances, and fixtures then you're OK. If not, then you'll have a pressure loss and the loss will be greater as the filter fills (absorbs) with what you're filtering.

If the filter element treats what you want it to and IF it lasts a year then $125 isn't bad so again I ask... " does the sales rep who recommends the Aries KDF-85/GAC cartridge filter offer a money back guaranty?" if it doesn't do the job and/or if it only last a few months?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here