Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen faucet

Posted by lostinseattle (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 18:52

My faucet in the kitchen suddenly lost a lot of water pressure but just the cold. The faucet is only about a year old and is the gooseneck type that has a pull down hose. The water is controlled by one handle for both hot and cold.

The hot water pressure is fine on the hot setting so I know nothing is clogging the screen. I have turned the cold water valve under the sink on and off several times but it didn't change anything. I have not changed anything in the house concerning water lately. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen faucet

See if the supply line is kinked underneath. If that's not it, remove the cartridge and check for debris. While it's removed, turn the water on momentarily to clear the line, etc. Reinstall and test.

This post was edited by homebound on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 6:19

o

Thanks for the advice, however the hose below the sink is no kinked. How could it be the cartridge if the water pressure on the hot setting is fine but the cold is not? They are both operated by the same knob and the water flows through the same cartridge.

o

A tiny bit of debris can block an inlet and reduce flow.

You can remove the cartridge and inspect for debris, run it under water, etc., and reinstall.

Or you try this: Shut off both supply valves, disconnect the cold supply, aim the hose from the sink into a bucket, open the faucet to hot & cold (both), turn on the hot supply briefly, and maybe you will clear some debris into the bucket. Reconnect and see how it works.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here