Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repiping -- help with shower plumbed on exterior wall

Posted by munkaya (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 17:59

We are planning to replace all of the polybutylene piping in our house with either CPVC or PEX. While somewhat nervous in general about the "turnkey" job that will leave the house looking the exact same or better, we are especially nervous about repiping the master bath. We have double shower heads with one located on an exterior wall.

Will the plumbers have to access through the tile? I am having nightmares about broken and shattered tiles. The exterior wall is brick, so that wouldn't be fun either. I would guess that there are one or two studs between the interior wall and the shower head, so not sure if you can access it that way either. Repiping the entire house except for the one side of the shower seems like testing Fate or Lady Luck.

Would repiping with PEX be any easier vs. CPVC? Augh!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repiping -- help with shower plumbed on exterior wall

They will not be able to do anything without breaking into your walls.

I say if it's working, leave it alone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here