Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lwerner_gw

3-way Shower diverter with limit of one function at a time?

lwerner
11 years ago

In my new house I'm thinking of equipping the master bath with a hand shower, overhead rain shower, and body sprays. I know I need a 3-way diverter for that, and I was thinking of Hansgrohe's "quattro" model, though I'm not wedded to that brand.

Now I've realized that I have to follow the CalGreen restrictions where the total flow of all shower fixtures that can be activated at one time must be less than 2.5 gpm. Since the Quatto and other diverters I've seen allow two functions to be activated at a time, that means I'd need to keep all three fixtures below 1.25 gpm each, which makes the sprays and rain shower pointless and the hand shower not much better.

I could get around this if I had a 3-way diverter that allowed only one of the outlets to be active at once. That way I'd have to keep each individual fixture below 2.5 but not have to worry about how they add up. (I know a rain shower at 2.5 gpm is also pretty marginal, but I figure I can always switch to a less restricted head later if it annoys me too much.)

Does anyone know of a 3-way diverter that's restricted to one output at a time? Bonus points if that's enforced by a stop ring that I can rip out later. :-)

Thanks!

Laura

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x