Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnet needed for pull down kitchen faucet?

Posted by munkaya (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 16:57

Hello! I am trying to decide on a new kitchen faucet and have been researching Kohler, Delta, Grohe, and some others. I know there's a good fan base for the Grohe Ladylux and also for the Kohler faucets (Vinnata, Simplice, etc.), and then there are a lot of happy Delta faucet owners out there too. I think Delta's magnet docking is such a good design feature and it seems necessary to keep the spray head in place.

For those of you with a non-magnet pull down, have you had any issues with drooping over time?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnet needed for pull down kitchen faucet?

Price Pfister: No drooping after several years.

Note that all non-magnetic units will show drooping in the stores due to the way they are installed. Many have counter weights and springs to retract the spray head and hold it in place, and these are not installed on store displays.

o

I've had this Delta for 10 years or so and it uses the weight. Properly set and adjusted it works the same as the day it was new.

Had a minor problem and Delta was kinda of a PITA to deal with cause the CSR had poor product knowledge so hard to explain what I needed and she wouldn't escalate to a supervisor but I've read that lots of people are real happy with Delta customer service.

For products that are meant to last a long time I'm disappointed that some commonly needed Delta parts are NLA for other Delta fixtures I have that aren't really all that old but I guess that is the way it is today... just buy a complete new one for $75 when a $2 gasket would resolve the problem.

This post was edited by justalurker on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 21:50

o

Thanks for the input!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here