Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Their water supply & drain trap needed?

Posted by pbx2 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 15:05

We're looking to install THIS Restoration Hardware Pedestal Sink in our new build's powder room.

The water supply valves & hidden drain traps aren't important to us as the actual pedestal.

Can those 2 components be supplied by some universal parts from Lowe's or Home Depot? Or are they proprietary to this pedestal?

Trying to stay away from the RH's $300+ valves & drain traps kit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Their water supply & drain trap needed?

The bowl and pedestal are usually matched, ad the size and placement of the contact area between them is far form uniform among manufacturers.

They are not interchangeable pieces.

o

Posted by brickeyee (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 9:32

The bowl and pedestal are usually matched, ad the size and placement of the contact area between them is far form uniform among manufacturers.

They are not interchangeable pieces.

Sorry should have written more clearly: do you think I can use universal pipes ,drain, & valves for this pedestal?

o

You need a standard 1-1/4" P-Trap, two chrome plated angle stops and two chrome plated 3'8" supply tubes.

You could order the expensive parts from the manufacturer and pay $40 or $50 bucks for their name on it, or you can buy generic off the shelf at any hardware for under $20.

Once its installed no one can read the name on it anyway so I would strongly encourage you to get the generic.

o

@lazypup - you stated exactly I wanted to hear.
Generic parts will fit.

btw - their parts are $350 - thus the OP.

Thanks again.

o

Funny how the second photo of the sink (oblique view) omits the plumbing entirely (drain and supplies) to get that sleeker look.

o

Just make sure the drain pop-up lever is brass ad not steel.

HD had steel ones that OP used in the house.

It rusted out (of course) in short order.

They also seem unable to design a pop-up that can be removed without taking things apart underneath

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here