Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nezzex

Kinetico 4040 w/K5 vs. Aquasystems SmartChoice� Gen II Twin High

nezzex
11 years ago

I've been reading over your posts the last few days, and I was hoping to get from feedback from your knowledgeable users.

My wife and I are ready to get a water softener; we've had hard water for years (lots of build-up!!), but we're a bit confused about which way to go.

My parents have a dual-tank Kinetico which they love, so I had a Kinetico rep out, he test the water (20 gpg), no iron, .5 chlorine (I think). We live in a sub-development, and everyone has hard water. His numbers match up with what our neighbors have found during water testing also. The Kinetico rep quoted us $4,200 for a 4040 with a K5 drinking water system.

A good friend of ours has an Aquasystems softener, and she loves it. I'm having an Aquasystems rep out tonight. They are offering their SmartChoice Gen II Twin High Performance water softener with a R.O. drinking water system for $2,299 (including install, but there may be more cost as they need to add in some bypasses).

I know enough to know that price isn't every thing when it comes to peace of mind and functionality. What I am hoping to find out here is what are the pros/cons, besides price, when buying these two systems?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH