Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
moen trim on danze faucet?

Posted by Ginny20 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 13:51

I have a Danze brushed nickel bathroom faucet that, soon after install about 6 years ago, lost its clear coat in a couple little patches on the spout. It's annoying. Home Depot sells Moen faucet "trim kits" that look like they have just the spout and the handles. If I get the same 8" spread, can I just swap out the top parts (not me, exactly, but someone who knows how)? Or are the innards different, too, so the plunger won't work?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moen trim on danze faucet?

Interchangeable parts with different brands? When it comes to plumbing, chances are slim to none (unless otherwise indicated).

o

Thanks for the answer, homebound. It did seem too easy.

I guess when it bothers me enough, I'll just have the whole thing changed out.

o

Here's an alternative solution. If it's metal (not plastic), take the spout to a place that does powder coating. They probably won't match the color exactly (or maybe they will), but it might work.

I did that for one of my clients. The only problem was that when we coated the shower valve trim, the coating added enough thickness to make it a real pain in the rear to slide it over the cartridge "collar". Think it through carefully with all the parts you are considering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here