Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennyj1953_gw

Buying online at Efaucets

jennyj1953
10 years ago

I'm building a house and it seems like I can save a lot of money by buying faucets, etc.online--specifically through Efaucets. However, I've read several negative reviews. Does anyone have experience with them or any other online store--negative or positive?

Comments (15)

• geller
    10 years ago

We had great success buying all of our plumbing fixtures from Home & Stone in Brooklyn, NY. Everything was shipped as ordered and on-time.

• jmrca
    10 years ago

You might want to check out some of the reviews on this company. Here's another thread from this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: plumbing thread from gardenweb

• geoffrey_b
    10 years ago

I've used faucetsdirect.com with good sucess.

• erika320
    9 years ago

I've used faucetsdirect.com, build.com, and a few others and they were great. I used efaucets and will NEVER use it again. I was charged for an item that they did not have in stock. Then there was no follow up or communication from them to let me know the item was not shipped (and would never be). After I contacted them, I was told that I could pay double what I was paying and receive a different faucet, instead I wanted a refund and I was told to use their chat feature to request a refund. I did and was told I had a to pay a restocking fee! Once I got that sorted I was told I'd receive a confirmation email of my refund. One month later I still do not have a refund or a confirmation email. I know that this is a relatively old thread, but I hope someone sees this and will think twice before using efaucets. Their customer service was atrocious. If it was a $5 item that is one thing, I've just spent a couple hundred dollars on this faucet. Somehow telling me that their credit department is behind is supposed to help. Seriously, try a different website, this was the biggest headache and I'm out a couple of hundred dollars and still have to find a new faucet!

• supasport7
    9 years ago

eFaucets is very legit. They are a subsidiary of a multi billion dollar wholesaler called Hajoca Corp. i have bought from here and a few other places that no longer exist. eFaucets is one of the few big players left. They seem to be one of the largest suppliers of Kohler in the United States. These guys do about a million orders. Keep in mind that every retailer has some complaints. Out go a million orders it is minimal. On Bizrate.com, I saw that eFaucets has over 50,000 reviews. That is significant vs just looking at complaint sites only. I want to see all the good and bad.

• jerilynzone7
    9 years ago

Have used faucetsdircet.com four times in last few weeks. Items came quickly and without any problems. Also no tax and shipping on larger items. Good prices.

• PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    9 years ago

I agree with supasport7. Any company that sells as much product as eFaucets is going to get the occasional complaint. Our experience with the company has been excellent We buy a lot of products on line, and a lot from eFaucets. Never a problem. As someone noted, eFaucets is owned by HaJoCa, a national plumbing distributor dating from the very first days of plumbing in the U.S. What we don't like is that the company tends to push its own line of Luxart faucets which are a decent brand, but made in China.

We also buy from build.com (aka faucetsdirect.com,, lightingdirect.com, etc.) which is owned by another national distributor, Ferguson Enterprises which sells its own Mirabelle line of faucets -- also made in China.

• Pj
    6 years ago

Trying to sort through a few issues that this touches on. Is the quality for the same faucet sold in HD or Lowes, the same as what is sold at Ferguson, and as what is sold (eg) at efaucet or faucetdirect.com? Both opinions exist. I notice that some faucets are labeled as made for an exclusive client, and imagine those are the "cheaper" faucets to meet a price point. But, if not, then I assume it is the same faucet? Also, Mirabelle vs. moen is my main choice at the moment (Gibson vs. Edenton or Milazzo); with Mirabelle supposedly made of brass and the Moen "metal". Oh, and finally, I've been told by Moen and Delta reps on their customer service lines that a lot of tub spouts are now made of plastic? Is this true? Stuck in faucet indecision and not sorting out what is true, what is not, what is important, and trying to understand this way-more-complex-than-expected world!

• kudzu9
    6 years ago

Big box stores do carry some cheap, lower quality faucets that can cosmetically resemble more expensive ones. However, if the UPC code on the box at, say, Home Depot, is the same as the one at Ferguson's or on Amazon, they're identical. There are huge threads on GardenWeb on this subject that have pretty well beaten to death the idea that major manufacturers have two product lines: the good ones that you pay more for at the plumbing store, and the identically packaged ones for the big box stores with the crappy parts.

I do know that many sink and shower heads are chrome-plated plastic, even from high end manufacturers, and I do know some tub spouts are plastic. I would not necessarily be concerned about this as long as you went with a name brand manufacturer with a lifetime warranty. For example, I had a 15 year old Moen kitchen faucet of the pullout style. There was nothing wrong with the chromed, plastic head, but the faucet developed a slight leak from one of the supply tubes on the underside. I called Moen, they asked me to send a photo to confirm the model, and they sent a complete replacement for free within the week.

• Pj
    6 years ago

Thank you!!! So helpful. What I was hoping to hear.

• Darlene
    5 years ago
    Which faucet did you end up getting? I'm having the same dilemma - Moen Gibson or Mirabelle Edenton. I'm also considering Delta Trinsic.
  • Pj
    5 years ago

I bought the mown Gibson. It looks great! But does seem to have the plastic pop up .... I think all are good choices!

• kudzu9
    5 years ago

Pj-

But how often do you have to mow it?

• ccecilm
    5 years ago

I ordered from the one time (never again). What I wanted was advertised on their site but after the order was completed they advised that it was not in stock. It took 6 weeks to get it.