Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need advice on a good, single handle faucet.

Posted by TNGardener19 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 23:42

It's me again. I am so thankful for all of you while I figure out this new kitchen. It's fun, but I've never redone a kitchen before.

Can anyone recommend a good faucet with these criteria:
- under $150
- spot free stainless
- single handle with side sprayer
- deck mount capable on granite (3cm)
- arm swivels side to side

I bought a Moen Torrance CA87480SRS but I can't find out if it will swivel when mounted directly on the granite and that would be a dealbreaker. I can't test it because the granite isn't in and I need to have the faucet ready when they install the countertop. And should it bother me that the mount for the faucet and the base ring on the sprayer are stainless-colored plastic? They look ok but will it hold up and look good for a while? I know they are cutting costs, but really...

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need advice on a good, single handle faucet.

On second thought, it could be a sprayer that pulls out of the faucet. Do any of those swivel? It seems the ones that swivel all have a deck plate, which I was hoping to avoid so I'd have more flat space around the sink and less cleaning.

o

Even those without the deck place will swivel.

o

I learn something every day. Thanks, homebound. I went to a big decorator place and they confirmed that all kitchen faucets swivel-even the ones less than $300. :)
I think I've found one that fits all my criteria - a Moen Torrance. It doesn't swivel out of the box, but a Moen rep told me on the phone it would once installed. I hope it works and lasts well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here