Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherilynn_gw

sabotaged plumbing- concrete & mortar in lines

sherilynn
13 years ago

I am in the real estate business. I have seen "it all", I thought. Stripping a house has become quite normal for many foreclosures. No cabinets, all lines to the air handler missing several inches of line, compressor missing, the whole house electric box with breakers missing, thermostat missing, windows shot out with BB gun, and more... It's the 'and more' that gets me. These people brought in a hose and watered down or flooded the carpets and left them soaking wet. When they removed the cabinets, they cut off all of the water lines to be flush with the walls. They also left animals in the house that tried to break out of the house, so door jambs are chewed up, walls clawed out, etc. Last but not least, these saboteurs removed the commodes and poured God knows what into the plumbing lines and then put mortar and concrete in the lines on top of it. They did the same with the master bedroom shower.

I know what to do about the mold. I know to call the electrician and AC. But, tell me, how much trouble and at what cost would you figure that the two commodes and shower would cost to fix? I have only an inkling of an idea of what it would take to fix such a mess. I have to have my offer to the bank by tomorrow.

My Dad said he'd pass... however, this is a gorgeous 2,400 sf brick home. I know this could be a money pit, but the concrete scares me. Nothing else does.

Please advise what to do and what to expect.

Thank you,

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!