Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindywhitall

pricing of powervent water heater and install cost

cindywhitall
11 years ago

Found some high efficiency water heaters online (pexsupply.com) with prices of 1100 and 1535. They are both Bradford White Power Vent Energy saving water heaters. I am getting them as part of a program to reduce my overall energy consumption. It is njcleanenergy.com. I get nice rebates for reducing my energy use. Problem is contractors taking a nice chunk of rebate, imo, by markup (mainly on hvac) .

They are charging either 1880 or 2264 for the heaters, installed. I assume they get a better price than I found online.....Regardless, it is a "normal" installation, replacing a standard atmospheric vent water heater and running the pvc vent out through the crawl space right next to the unit...about a 12 foot length. estimate says install new 110v outlet from existing circuit. install new exhaust, reconfigure water lines (is there much of that to do??) install condensate removal system terminating to furnace condensate pump (right next to each other).

I'm in NJ. Is $800 a reasonable install price? That's assuming they paid the prices I saw on the net..It's a big outfit so I doubt it...Totals again are 1880 or 2264.

thanks

Models are m2tw50s6fbn (higher price and eff) or m1tw50s6fbn

Comments (2)