Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pricing of powervent water heater and install cost

Posted by cindywhitall (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 23:18

Found some high efficiency water heaters online (pexsupply.com) with prices of 1100 and 1535. They are both Bradford White Power Vent Energy saving water heaters. I am getting them as part of a program to reduce my overall energy consumption. It is njcleanenergy.com. I get nice rebates for reducing my energy use. Problem is contractors taking a nice chunk of rebate, imo, by markup (mainly on hvac) .

They are charging either 1880 or 2264 for the heaters, installed. I assume they get a better price than I found online.....Regardless, it is a "normal" installation, replacing a standard atmospheric vent water heater and running the pvc vent out through the crawl space right next to the unit...about a 12 foot length. estimate says install new 110v outlet from existing circuit. install new exhaust, reconfigure water lines (is there much of that to do??) install condensate removal system terminating to furnace condensate pump (right next to each other).

I'm in NJ. Is $800 a reasonable install price? That's assuming they paid the prices I saw on the net..It's a big outfit so I doubt it...Totals again are 1880 or 2264.

thanks

Models are m2tw50s6fbn (higher price and eff) or m1tw50s6fbn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pricing of powervent water heater and install cost

Avoid the power vent and go with a tankless instead. Power vents are LOUD LOUD LOUD. And yes, that's about an average fee for the amount of work you've described.

o
RE: pricing of powervent water heater and install cost

So much info....I had forgotten that I read they were loud. It will be in the basement. Still loud? I wonder if there are any listings or ratings on sound. Do tankless need a powered fan or anything for venting? So much to consider....hybrid/heat pump and power vent, or conventional ac with tankless.....those are what I am deciding between.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here