Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ldg4511_gw

Anyone ever ordered from Vintage Tub and Bath?

ldg4511
11 years ago

Just curious. My husband and I are in the process of choosing fixtures, tubs, sinks for our new home and this site has some great prices for the things we want. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this company. Thanks!

Comments (51)

• allison0704
    11 years ago

I helped DD2 research items for her MBath remodel. We ordered a vanity from VT&B. Arrived on time, as promised, but the backsplash was broken. Very nice when I called. Fairly quick replacement arrived - wrong size. Very nice when I called again. The next replacement was broken. :( Very nice again (talked to same guy last 2 times). Haven't received email on this replacement piece. Usually get an email that it's shipping.

We ordered her exposed shower and tub, along with sink faucets from another company - VT&B offered the company, but not the particular ones she wanted.

I would recommend them.

• luke1827
    9 years ago

My experience story with VTB:

We have purchased many items from VTB and have not been disappointed with their product quality except for a farmhouse sink we purchased while renovating our kitchen this year. We bought the sink gave it a quick look at delivery to see if it looked damaged (which it didn’t), however we took it out of the box a couple months later to set it for our countertop measurements. There were cracks along the edges & under the sink but we figured that was normal. Apparently it caused the structure to be weakened because it literally cracked after being set in place. Hand to God we did nothing to encourage injury to this sink in any way. I was horrified and contacted VTB via email to let them know. THEY WILL NOT RESPOND PROMPTLY. In fact since we couldn't wait for this process, and not thinking a refund would be a problem, we order another sink from VTB in it's place. It took several attempts to get a response for customer service; however over a period of time they asked for more information then later said that they would not allow a claim due to it being over 48 hours of inspection. I confirmed that we were NOT filing a shipping claim and would gladly pay for the sinks return shipping but we needed to file manufacturer’s warranty claim (which is 2 years). She said that she needed photos of the damage and she “will speak with a supervisor and see what I am able to do.” Not professional, not willing to help. Right away said no…then, wait, please send photos?? Really??
    I took photos of the sink and sent them to Ainsli G. It took a long time for a response; it was determined that they would not honor manufacturer’s warranty because we took over 4 months to inspect the item…not true, and THEY made the determination that the dry cracks in the photos did “not cause any affect to the integrity of the sink”. I politely yet strongly disagree. We “ate” the $550.
    After receiving the second sink, there were NO dry cracks along the edges such as the first one that they claim are STANDARD with fireclay. VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WANT TO FOREWARN FUTURE POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. Just be very careful purchasing anything from VTB. If you happen to get a faulty item…you will most likely have to eat the cost!!!

This was a grueling process and although their products (when not faulty) are quality, the customer service and warranties WERE NOT honored nor considered an option. I mean why have a manufacturer’s warranty? AND after being faithful customers to them…very impersonal, cold and apathetic attitudes!

• feddup
    8 years ago

luke, I am sorry to hear about your problems with Vintage Tub. My experience, at least so far, has been the opposite. I chose one of their Randolph Morris clawfoot tubs and telephone-style faucets based considerably on other, good reviews on this site. Were I a bather, I might have sought different brands, but this won't be used often, looks great, and the price was right.

It was just installed, though it sat in our garage for a few months while my GC did everything but what we hired him to do (I just can't resist getting in digs against him--he made me so miserable). I looked at the pop-up drain, and it seemed too high. VTB recommended this type because the drain is in the center of the tub, and the pop-up is least likely to be in the bather's way. But even closed, it sticks up at least 1/2". I called them, sent a few photos, and they agreed something is wrong. They speculate it's improperly installed (it would be par for the course in this project), but offered that it also might be a bad part and are sending a new one. I didn't have to ask, and customer service couldn't have been nicer. It was refreshing after hearing "not it" from my GC for the last 6 months.

I will follow up if my opinion changes, but so far I'm happy with VTB. (But not with my GC--did I mention that?)

• angela6436
    8 years ago

I have never written a bad review. I shop
    online frequently and am pleased 99.9% of the time with online products
    and service. Nowever, I would never, ever purchase from Vintage Tub and
    Bath again. Please beware before you consider them.
    I purchased some
    Porcelain Claw Foot tub coasters. Before ordering I called, spoke to the
    customer service dept and described the floor I had and they insisited
    we needed these coasters to protect our floor. Ordered and put them
    under the tub. Our plumber told us to immediately take the tub off them
    before he would connect the plumbing because they were so slippery they
    caused the tub to slide all over the floor.
    I called, explaind the
    situation and was given a hard time about returning them. After
    insisting they were not the correct product for our floor they
    reluctantly gave me an RMA#.
    I packaged the coasters up in the original packaging including the seperator cardboards and bubble wrap they came in.
    Low
    and behold I get an email explaining they arrived damaged. I was also
    told in the email my "sink" arrived smashed and damaged also. I called
    and was told they made a mistake about the sink, they combined 2 emails
    in one. Ok, they made mistake, thats ok but 2 damaged returned items in 1
    day? They sent photos of the coasters and they are not even the same
    color as the ones I recieved and sent back. The ones I recieved were
    clearly not perfectly white like the ones in the photo. I was told there
    was nothing to do but contact USPS and file a claim. After looking
    online at other reviews it appears there is a history of these types of
    shinanigans where the customer does not get a refund but sends back the
    product.
    Folks, buy elsewhere!

• blu3h3r0n
    8 years ago

I have a similar experience with VTB not honoring a manufacturer's warranty.

After being without a usable bathroom for a month due to a plumbing disaster my plumber installed one of their tubs for me. There is a casting defect on the inside of the tub through several layers of material which isn't from shipping damage. My plumber hooked up the tub despite noticing the issue since I hadn't been able to bathe in a month. When I noticed the issue, I had my son (the family architect) contact VTB's customer service department with pictures assuming that they'd honor their warranty and pay to have the defect filled and buffed out. Unfortunately they took a very long time to respond and refused to honor the warranty because the plumber had installed the tub without contacting them. Nowhere in their terms does it state that a warranty is voided if a professional installs the fixture!

VTB does not have good quality control and WILL NOT HONOR A WARRANTY ON THEIR TUBS. They point fingers and ignore you until you give up. Disgraceful dishonest company!

• Billy Chen
    8 years ago

Worst customer service ever! They refused to rush shipment of a back ordered product even though it is still sitting in there warehouse. It's been delayed by over a month - they do not contact you to let you know when the product is in and absolutely refuses to rush shipment. I informed them that my contractor is ready to start our bathroom remodel and need the part ASAP. The customer service woman told me that there was nothing the company could do because they had already printed the shipping label. A company that is unwilling to reprint a shipping label is not a company you want to do business with.

• Melanie Rae
    6 years ago

Vintage tubs is horrible!!! Please do yourself a favor and do not order from this company.. they sent us a tub that was cracked and refused to replace it. They are a total scam. Please check yelp for accurate reviews! And RUN

• Martin Feherty
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I've been researching tubs and fixtures for a bathroom remodel, and not all reviews are negative for this company, they have some pretty high rated reviews on popular review sites that aren't Yelp (yelp is yelp). I decided to order everything from Vintage Tub and everything went smoothly, from ordering and chatting with their helpful staff, all the way to delivery. Our new slipper tub looks great! I would definitely purchase from them again, as a matter of fact, my wife wants some things for the kitchen as well!

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    4 years ago

Hi Martin, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy you've been enjoying your slipper tub. We look forward to helping you and your wife with your kitchen remodel! Please let us know if you have any questions.

• HU-924490953
    4 years ago

BUYERS BEWARE! I am in complete shock! I wish I would have read reviews and did better research on this Company.... I recently received my purchase (Clawfoot tub) with enclosure set... pretty penny. I NEVER reviewed or posted anything negative about a business before BUT HOLY ——- am I FURIOUS! The tub did not work out- my project got delayed because of course my delivery was NOT on time... BUT here is the kicker- I’m on MY OWN to find a shipping company that will return a 300lbs tub That I have to PAY FOR! They were great at taking my money and now? I planned on future purchases but that’s out the door! Oh and after reading MOST of these reviews, I feel like I should have a lawyer on hand and prepared to be told that my merchandise arrived damaged and I will have to eat 2,100.00!!! Any suggestions on a shipping company?! HELP! BUYERS BEWARE!

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    4 years ago

Hi. We're very sorry the tub you ordered did not meet your expectations. We do offer 48-inch bathtubs because they fit the demand for showers and/or bathing for children. The sizes and specifications of all of our tubs are clearly delineated on all of our product pages, and are available to the consumer. Unfortunately, tub delivery, which is free outbound, is very expensive due to the weight of a bathtub. Because of this, we must charge return freight for voluntary returns. As mentioned above, we regret you had a negative experience and want to ensure you receive the product you expected. Please reach out to our Customer Care Manager at 570-474-1203 ext. 405 and we will do everything possible to ensure you receive the product and service you expected.

• Chris Hedrick
    3 years ago

Ordered two farm sinks from VTT, building a house in Blanco Texas . Both were back ordered had to wait several months but they gave me a discount if I kept the order. Sinks finally came, both had manufacturers defects, missing porcelain on one, drippy porcelain on the other. Sent them a note, said they would give me two new ones. Same thing again, had to wait and wait, finally they arrived. One was fine, the other, because of delays was put aside until it could be installed. Last month we opened the crate, and the replacement for the defective one was in worse shape than the one it replaced. Glob by porcelain on one. Sent them a note, not a word. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE. Problem seems to be the tubs, etc come directly from the Chinese manufacturer, VTT never see them or check them for quality control. Also hardware for these sinks is a pain in the ass to get. Boycott this company, you will be very frustrated.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    3 years ago

Hi Chris. I understand your frustration and apologize for the experience you had while shopping with us. I can assure you our warehouse checks the quality of products before they're shipped. Unfortunately, sometimes mistakes happen. We're sorry it happened to you twice. We also apologize for the delay in shipping your sinks. These sinks are very popular and don't stay in stock long. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to discuss your most recent problem.

• ekscrunchy
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Anyone order their faucets? I need a 4" centerset for a tiny bathroom. I believe the one that came with the house 30 years ago is from Randolph Morris so the new set wouldl matcch the shower fixtures which would be good. Most complaints seem to be about sinks, but anyone have comments on the hardware/fixtures??

Is Vintage Tub the only retailer for this brand? Sounds as if it is their house brand. Where are the faucets made???? They get a decent review from StarCraft Builder site.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    3 years ago

Hi ekscrunchy. If you send us a picture of your current faucet, a member of our team can tell you if it is a Randolph Morris faucet, and can help you find a replacement. Our in house brand is Randolph Morris. However, we do carry a few other brands as well. You can contact us by phone at 878-868-1369 or email at sales@vintagetub.com.

• ekscrunchy
    3 years ago

Where are they made? Taiwan??

• ekscrunchy
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have already sent pics to Cassandra at your company but did not get a response on where the items are manufactured. I also need exact fixtures for under the sink, and I need good quality that should not rust on a house facing a salt-water bay. Sorry I am having major trouble posting new photos here for some reason (my fault alone, surely).

I have looked and looked and see no 4" deck mounted fixtures that appeal..cannot use high spout due to smallness of sink. Please help....you guys have my e-mail to Cassandra..would love to order asap because we will soon leave the cottage as weather hardens....

The previous owner did ssay she bought ALL bathroom fixtures (three baathrooms) from "an internet supplier," but she neglected to give me the name. After 30 years ALlLof them leak but I accept that after 30 years. Would be fabulous is I could get the item that goes UNDER the faucet handles, as my handyman spent two days trying to find them out here in our rural area and ended in failure......I figure better to get a new one in one bathroom and if this works, do all the bathrooms (three) and the two showers. Oddly enough, it is near imposssble to get a architect to take on a "small" job such as a total bathroom (other than the one I am discussing now.) I live on North Fork of Long Island where sales are booming with escapees from NYC.

• Laura Woodworth
    3 years ago

DON'T DO IT!

We purchased a 500lb cast iron clawfoot tub. On Friday, October 30th we were given a "window" for delivery: Noon to 3pm. We are a home maintenance and remodeling business and we purchased a cast iron bathtub from Vintage Tub & Bath. Prior to noon, we were working on another job site. At about 10:30am, the delivery driver "Joe" with RAC Transport Co Inc. called my husband's phone and told him he was delivering the tub. We were not thrilled by how early they showed up without notice. We had to be there to inspect the cast iron tub and sign for it per Vintage Tub & Bath's instructions. So, we jumped in the truck and raced to the address where it was going to be delivered. We were only 5 minutes away. When we got there, it was already delivered without a signature! I have photos of the signs all over the box that said do not accept and sign until inspected. It was practically in the street and I tried calling "Joe" the driver over 20 times to come back and help move it to the safer spot on the concrete nearby. It's 500 pounds. He never once answered and did not call me back. So, I called Vintage Tub & Bath's customer service line. They offered to call RAC Transport Co Inc. When the representative from Vintage Tub & Bath called me back, I was basically told "sorry, that's just how it's done". The buck was passed to us. Why would anyone buy a 500lb tub from Vintage Tub & Bath if this is how it is handled?

We had to leave our job site in a rush to respond to this early delivery without notice. We found it was dropped in an unsafe and unsecure spot. We couldn't go back to our other job that day and had to tell our client that we couldn't come back, because we spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how to get a 500 cast iron bathtub from the spot where RAC dropped it. We had to spend our own money to rent a forklift and plywood to place on the rocks where the freight company left it. That wouldn't have been the case if they just put it on the concrete. We lost a lot of valuable time and money to fix the problem. Our company always strive to do what we say we are going to do and that our clients are happy. So, I've tried contacting Vintage Tub and Baths customer service about this. I got a canned email in reply that they would contact me in 48 hours. It's been six days and no word. I told them my next step was to turn to reviews online if we can't talk about what happened.

I will not accept this as "good customer service" and will not be a return customer nor refer our clients to Vintage Tub and Bath. We are a small business trying to survive. I will also not let the next small business or individual be left with a mess like we did. Without hesitation, I share our story online.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    3 years ago

Hi Laura, we sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding delivery, the way the delivery was handled, and the lack of communication from our team. The driver is supposed to schedule a delivery time with the customer and wait until the delivery is inspected and signed for before leaving. However, due to the pandemic, some of the delivery companies we use are limited contact with customers, and just dropping off deliveries. We apologize that this was not communicated to you. A member of our Customer Care Team will be in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss the problems you had with your order.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    3 years ago

ekscrunchy, I apologize. I just spoke to Cassandra and she had a problem with her email last week. Can you please send her another email to check in?

• Laura Woodworth
    3 years ago

It's been 9 days since I contacted Vintage Tub and Bath customer service and 3 days since you wrote here on Houzz that you would get in contact with me. You need to do what you say you will do. Some one actually needs to return my email. Or, I will take it to the next level.

• Laura Woodworth
    3 years ago

I came back to this review to delete it, but the site won't let me. Vintage Tub and Bath did contact me and handle the issue well. I would now say I recommend the company for handling the problem and reimbursing us for expenses related to this problem. Thank you Vintage Tub and Bath!!!

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    3 years ago

Hi Laura, thank you for your updated comment. We're happy we were able to help. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.

• Alisha Lynch
    3 years ago

WARNING!! Buyer beware!!! Color of the sink I ordered was way lighter than the pic on their website. After a total of 1.5hrs on the phone with customer service it is going to cost me over half the price of the sink to return. $350!! Customer service will do nothing to help. I never would have purchased the sink if I had known. Very poor customer service and very poor pics on the website representing the colors.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    3 years ago

@Alisha Lynch, we apologize for the confusion and the error. We understand you received the wrong sink. You spoke with our Customer Service Manager on the phone last week, and we're sending you the correct sink as soon as possible. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.

• bethgreenelondon
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

How I wish that I had found these reviews before I spent thousands of dollars at VTB!!! Multiple items were defective and they are not honoring their quality guarantees so I am eating over $2000 in materials alone, not to mention that I will have extra labor costs to remove and replace fixtures with much higher quality (not higher priced) items. I still have one more bath to do in my newly purchased 120 year old home. VTB will NOT be getting my business for that one. The Randolph Morris products that VTB carries are garbage. This is our 14th home so remodeling is not new to us. You would think that I would not have made such a mistake!!!

• B. K.
    2 years ago

Just in case anyone was wondering if things have improved...I ordered a bath faucet from VTB since they were having a sale. a few days after my confirmation email, I got a notice saying the item was out of stock and would be available in a month or so. I wasn't in a huge rush so I didn't care. 3 weeks go by and I get another notice saying the item won't be available for another 3 months. OK, I thought, time to cancel. I send a reply asking to cancel and get a reply saying that they will cancel my order. I wait a few days for a refund back to my paypal but no luck. I send more emails and make a couple calls. Can't get ahold of anyone. Finally after a week I'm able to talk to someone and tell them I want my refund ASAP! Only then did I get it. What a joke.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    2 years ago

Hi @B. K., we're very sorry for the experience you had while shopping with us. Kristy from our Customer Care Team contacted you yesterday and left a voicemail. Your refund has been processed, but we would still like to speak with you regarding your experience. Kristy will be contacting you again today.

• theroost2
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

FWIW - I researched HEAVILY and wanted an item on Vintage Tub & Bath. Tried the CHAT session - and guess what - no one online. Then I called their phone # and was told I was 2nd in queue - to WAIT & WAIT and Wait some more. Hung up - and then I placed an email that stated I would receive response w/in 2 business days. WELL, that did not happen either - so I placed my order w/ another company. SEnt VTB an email stating the above and said - "don't know how they're still in business" At this point, I feel like I've maybe dodged a BULLET - LOL - and happy that they don't have ANY of my MOO-Lah :)

• PRO
    Dep
    2 years ago

They would not answer my customer service inquiries, they blocked my negative but fair review of their subpar products (misrepresented dimensions until you dig deep for “specs so paid $2000 for a 15”! WIDE TUB, plus EIGHT SUPPOSED “CERAMIC” hot and cold fixture indicators came out within the FIRST THREE MONTHS EVEN THOUGH WE USED EVERY RECOMMENDED WAY TO SECURE THEM, AND THE BARBIE DOLL SIZED TUB FOR $2000 which claimed to have “polished nickel” drains not only OVERFLOWS TO RUIN OUR 100 year-old floors but the fixtures are now RUSTED! I have called a DOZEN TINES nd when I mention “BUSINESS attorney” and three million dollar project, they hang up on me. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO CARE FOR ME OR MY CUSTOMERS.

• PRO
    Dep
    2 years ago

PS THEY BLOCK ALL NEGATIVE OR CONSTRUCTIVE REVIEWS.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    2 years ago

@theroost2 We understand your frustration and sincerely apologize. We're in the process of hiring and training new members for our Customer Care Team.

• Lee Miracle
    2 years ago

Anyone know where I can find repla ement cartridges for Randolph Morris clawfoot tub hand shower? All I can find are the big pieces such as body hose etc. But not the individual cartridges.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    2 years ago

@Lee Miracle Hi there. You can purchase replacement cartridges directly from us. Please give us a call at 877-868-1369 ext. 1, and a member of our Customer Care Team will be happy to help you.

• ekscrunchy
    2 years ago

Yes, last summer..I was leery but they were fine.........I did a faucet set in a small bathroom.....

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    2 years ago

@ekscrunchy Thank you. Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    last year

DO NOT BUY FROM VINTAGE TUB & BATH!!! Products ARE HORRIBLE QUALITY. CHEAP PLASTIC. YOU HAVE TO PAY TO RETURN THE PRODUCT. BE WARNED. I think the reviews on their website must be fake because no one would say anything nice about what I have received in the mail. Shocked that I paid $2000 for the cheapest, ugliest tub you have ever seen.

• annemacmorris
    last year

Buy elsewhere, Prices are OK, but after sale Customer Service is non existent.

I am just trying to find a small part for my Clawfoot tub that broke, I don't want it for free, I just need a part number of supplier. I have called and emailed for two weeks! Nothing.

I'll probably never buy from them again and bad mouth them whenever it comes up!!

• Blair
    last year

Gotta be honest- bought the Regal tub form them2x. Once on 2014 and just recently for my new build. I have nothing but good things to say. Love the quality of my tub and would t hesitate to reach out. This is my new master bath

• ekscrunchy
    last year

I did end up buying from them since they had the exact sink set I needed to replace. All went well, but I had no prolems so no contact with customer service.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    last year

@Blair We are so glad you enjoy the Regal tub. It looks beautiful in your new master bath!

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    last year

@ekscrunchy We are glad we had the product you were looking for. We strive to provide a wide variety of quality products for any home improvement project!

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    last year

@annemacmorris We are sorry to hear you had a less than satisfactory experience with our Customer Care Team. That is not the norm nor the experience we want you to have. Feel free to message us directly with your contact information. We will work to straighten out this situation.

• annemacmorris
    last year

I have already sent the information to your Customer Service email, twice.

• Nate Beckett
    last year

This company doesn't appear to have a customer service department, I need a very simple replacement part, which I'm happy to pay for. I can't reach them by phone, email, or chat after trying for months. The closest I got was after an hour of waiting on the phone I was connected to some kind of customer service 3rd party contractor, who all they could do was send an email on my behalf. They said "hopefully that works, if you don't hear from them in two weeks call back". That was 2 months ago. Very frustrating.

• PRO
    Vintage Tub & Bath
    last year

@Nate Beckett Thank you for your comment. This is not the experience we want you to have from our Customer Care Team. I have sent your comment over to the head of Customer Care. To assist in contacting you directly, can you direct message us here with your contact information?

• Ken Warner
    11 months ago

I have had an overall good experience with vintage tubs. had a sink arrive broken and they replaced it promptly. The only issue i had with them was getting responses to product questions. they seem to never respond to the messages.

some advice on the RM tub. order the floor protectors at the same time. you will not be able to get them under the feet ince all plumbing is installed.

• Alison Smith
    2 months ago

Thank you all for your educational comments regarding this vendor. I was considering VTB for a solid surface shower base and will definitely NOT be ordering from them after reading the reviews. So many products arrive damaged these days that to think a seller would decline to provide replacements or offer to compensate someone who spent $$ with them is ridiculous. I was considering VTB as I had several vanities delivered by Lowes arrive with hairline cracks and damaged corners (oops dropped during shipping), and similar experiences with products from Wayfair, and Appliances Connection (stove looked like someone had run it over with a forklift), so I was broadening my search. You all have saved me some time and I appreciate it. I may just do custom since that, I can do myself, and get it right the first time. Oh well.

• catherine Larson
    2 months ago

I don’t understand everyone’s comments about poor customer service? I have purchased from this company a few times now and they have always been there to answer any questions I have had. Our orders shipped quickly and are very well made. We are more than happy with Vintage Tub and Bath!