Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Changing from one brand of showerhead/ handle in shower to anothe

Posted by sis2two (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 20:40

I sure hope someone can help me with this question. Currently I have a Moen brand showerhead and handle in my son's shower and would like to replace it with a Kohler. Is this something that can be done or would the valve that is in the wall have to be replaced? In other words, do I have to stay with the Moen line from here on out? The shower is an acrylic unit, so what has to be done? Thanks to anyone who can explain this to me in very simple terms.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Changing from one brand of showerhead/ handle in shower to an

They can not be interchanged. They are mounted in a different manner. You would need to change the valve in the wall.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here