Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hawkdriver_gw

Have some softener models to look at

hawkdriver
11 years ago

Hi guys-

After reading several threads here on softener selection I did what was advised and called 3 treatment pros.I Have a BRAND NEW Culligan that was here when we moved in, only to find out it is a rental unit from Culligan. This Culligan system installed here now is listed below.

Culligan

Commers

Rain Soft

All claim I have ZERO iron on my private well (which all agreed was rare) and a hardness of 10gpg, which according to the maps I was shown is standard (MN). I have 3 people in the house and we may add a fourth. We have a Jacuzzi tub upstairs that is only slightly larger than a standard tub.

I have no real issues other than a quick smell of sulpher when the cold water is run that disapears instantly, but to be honest I have not smelled it in a few days so maybe it has gone away as the house was vacant for 9mos or so before we moved in.

Heres what each advised

Commers High Effiency Series.

Approx 40k grains 1.0 cu/ft resin. 10x44 resin tank

$1399(or rent for 31.25 a mo.) installed, one year free salt and also some odd drip system that drips a treatment into the brine tank to stop the resin beads from getting scratched over the years. 1 gallon of this product lasts 10mos. One free gallon included.

Culligan High Effiency

Approx 40k grains 1.0cu/ft resin 9x48 resin tank

$2600 (or rent for 34.00 a mo.) installed 6mos. free salt.

The Rain Soft presentation was so odd and the solution so over my head I will only put the price.

$3400 inlcuding an RO system.

I have seen alot nice looking systems online including apluswater.net. I like the Eradicator well system, but I have read some conjecture on having KDF media in with standard softener media and that it is a HUGE rip off.

I can install the system myself to be honest so I am not affraid of an online system or should I be? I'd like to get something to handle that suulpher smell jst in case it never goes away. Thats why I like that Eradicator system from Apluswater.net.

What other info do you guys need to help me make a smart choice?