Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tankless (on demand) water heater

Posted by foodeefish (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 19:28

. I will be running propane to my new 2600 sqr foot home for the Gas cooktop and have been told that a Tankless water heater would be efficient and the "way to go".

The rest of the house will be heated/cooled with a heat pump.

Should I use the propane to heat the tankless water heater if there are only 2 bedrooms in the house (No Kids) and the house is in South Carolina, what's the best system to use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tankless (on demand) water heater

What are your priorities? Low cost to operate?
Propane is an expensive fuel, but cheaper than electricity usually. You should confirm that. If you send me the cost of a gal of propane and a kw/h of electricity I will compare it for you.

Something else to consider would be a heat-pump water heater. They work well in hot climates because they pull the heat from the air to heat the water. Great in the hot climates, not something you want to do in a northern climate. I believe they qualify for tax credits also.

Here's a link to an example... I'm not endorsing it, you would need to do your own homework.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heat pump water heater.

o
RE: Tankless (on demand) water heater

two adults? Dishwasher? Clothes washer?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here