Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michellehanna28

water filtration/water softening for well water

michellehanna28
9 years ago

Hello there -
My husband and I moved into a new to us home in January and have been struggling with our well water since we moved in. We've had several water analysis done- one from kinetico and one from culligan. Nothing overly alarming- a little hardness, iron, and manganese. Both companies recommended their top of the line systems to service our water. We currently have a dupont heavy duty whole house system (the kind you can get for like $30 on Amazon) and we are changing the filter about every two weeks (lots of rusty colored sediment). The water does develop an odor also when the filter needs changed. We are not sure what to do. My husband's dad is a contractor and we could probably do something diy. I hate to spend $5000 on the kinetico system if there are equally as good of options out there. We just don't know enough about the market to feel we can make a good decision. Also, do we need just a better filtration system (like a 3 stage or 5 stage) or do we also need the softener? Thank you all for any help you can give.

Comments (6)

• michellehanna28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have had all of those tests done. We had comprehensive testing done prior to buying the house. The water is drinkable and safe. It was part of the requirements for us purchasing the house. If you need the exact information, I can probably track it down. The problem now is making it nice :) :) Thank you for the help!
    Michelle

• michellehanna28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have had all of those tests done. We had comprehensive testing done prior to buying the house. The water is drinkable and safe. It was part of the requirements for us purchasing the house. If you need the exact information, I can probably track it down. The problem now is making it nice :) :) Thank you for the help!
    Michelle

• User
    9 years ago

Yes, we need the exact information. With those test results we can intelligently discuss what is in your water, in what amounts, and how best to treat it.

This post was edited by justalurker on Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 11:04

• PRO
    Urban Life Guide
    6 years ago

https://urbanlifeguide.com/best-water-purifiers-in-india/

Hi Michelle, in India a lot of us face the same issue with well water containing higher than normal levels of minerals and TDS(Total Dissolved Salts) levels. I'd suggest going for RO water purifiers. You may want to check out some of the recommendations in the link above. You may find them on Amazon in your country as well!

Hope this helps!

• User
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Urban Life Guide - If you insist on such a blatant attempt to drive traffic to your website rather than actually contributing anything, at least be smart enough to notice that your fake answer is to a thread over three years dead. Wrong answer, from a location irrelevant to the question, offering equipment that won't solve the problem. Nice job - you sure made yourself look good [that was sarcasm, in case you missed that as well].

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz