Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
separate pressure regulator for sprinkler?

Posted by fenston (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 15:01

Pressure from the city is 120psi (1" line). I have a single pressure regulator that currently feeds both the house and the sprinkler / outside water. When the sprinkler system and/or outside water is on the pressure noticeably drops inside the house. If I tee off the 120psi line into two pressure regulators I'm thinking that the pressure drop would no longer occur inside the house since that 120psi would feed two 60psi circuits (3/4" line). I suspect I may not be analyzing this correctly which is why I ask. I have to rework the plumbing in that area so researching in advance. Is my thinking here correct? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: separate pressure regulator for sprinkler?

Your thinking is correct but the pressures sound high.

o

Yes - just rechecked my inspection report. Input pressure is between 100 and 110PSI. Was remembering incorrectly.

o

you might also think about a PRV with a larger flow rate.

o

Investigating a 1" PRV with a higher flow rate to replace the one I have. Any suggested models? It seems like it may be less costly to have two lower flow rate PRVs vs a single higher flow rate PRV.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here